Configuring A System
Choosing and configuring a computer based system
Questions you need to answer:
- What do you want to be able to measure?
- How many channels of each modality do you want to measure?
- What is your focus, Neurofeedback or Peripheral Biofeedback?
- How much flexibility do you need?
- How technical are you?
- Do you want to be able to “program” your own screens, etc.?
- What is your budget?
- How important is support to you?
Call us with your answers and we will help you choose a system.
The system that is the most popular with our existing customers at this time is the Procomp Infiniti. It has 8 sensor inputs. You can use from only 1 up to 8 sensors simultaneously. You can choose any combination of sensors including EEG (Electroencephalograph – Brainwave), EMG (Electromyograph – Muscle Tension), Skin Temperature, Skin Conductance – Sweat), Heart Rate/BVP (Blood Volume Pulse), EKG, and Respiration. This allows great flexibility. For example you could select one of each modality, or 4 EEG channels, or 8 EEG channels, etc.
The Biograph Infiniti software allows you to create and modify your own screens and develop software driven protocols and custom reports. This is a big advantage for many people but it takes more training and time to master these features.
The Procomp-2 is a two channel model. It includes one EEG channel built in. You can use all of the same sensors that the Procomp Infiniti uses. The limitation is two channels at a time.
The Flexcomp Infiniti is a 10 channel version. It has more fast channels and includes the other features of the Procomp Infiniti version.
To configure such a system:
- Select the desired model: Procomp Infiniti, Flexcomp Infiniti, or Procomp-2
- Select the desired sensors (Type and quantity): EEG, EMG, Temperature, Skin Conductance, Heart Rate/BVP, EKG, Respiration
- Add any desired Animation, or Software Suite CDs
- Add any recommended supplies you choose.
The J&J I-330 C2+/6 channel is our second most popular system. It is a low cost way to get several modalities in one system. The basic system comes with 2 sensor cables that can be used for EEG, EMG or wrist-to-wrist EKG/Heart Rate and a cable that can be used for 1 channel of Temperature, and 1 channel of Skin Conductance/Resistance.
A respiration sensor is optional. This system is less expensive than the Procomp systems but it is also less flexible. For example the number of each modality you can have is fixed. You could not have 4 EMGs or for channels of Temperature on this system. You also cannot create your own screens.
Other options that you can add are:
- EEG Supply Kit for EEG Work
- Gel Free Wrist Electrodes (Optional – Reusable Heart Rate Sensors)
- Electrode Adapter Cable (for EEG electrodes with DIN connectors)
The J&J I-330 C2+/12 channel is another version that allows you to record from more channels. It comes with the same cables as the 6-channel but you can add additional EMG/EEG, Temperature/Skin Conductance, Respiration, or Heart Rate sensor cables to record up to 12 channels simultaneous.
To configure such a system:
- Select the desired model: I-330 C2+/6 channel or 12 channel
- Add any optional or extra sensors
- Add any recommended supplies you choose
The Brainmaster Atlantis II (2×2) Clinical Pro System is a two channel EEG only system.
The Brainmaster Atlantis 1 (4×4) allows 4 channels of EEG plus 4 channels of peripheral biofeedback of EMG, Temperature, Skin Conductance, or Heart Rate.
emWave Pro: HeartMath’s emWave Pro is a unique training system that objectively monitors your heart rhythms and displays the physiological level of coherence – an optimal state in which the heart, mind and emotions are operating in sync and in balance, and the immune, hormonal and nervous systems function in a state of harmonious coordination.