Z-Score Neurofeedback Add-On
BioGraph Z-Score Neurofeedback is used conjointly with Dr. Robert Thatchers
NeuroGuide z-score feedback library, BioGraph can translate EEG connectivity
metrics into much more intuitive z-score values. Because z-scores are what
brain maps report on, neurofeedback becomes an easy task as the screen shows
a moment-to-moment reading on how far a clients performance is from the
- Z-score outputs include absolute power, relative power, power
ratio, amplitude asymmetry, coherence and phase difference. These metrics
are available for eight bands including alpha, beta, delta, theta, high beta
and beta I, II and III.
- Any time during the training session, the clinician can click Pause
and right-click over an instrument to select a different z-score metric or
band to train with, on the fly.
- Training screens show dual threshold bar graphs to allow practical
- Numeric displays can be programmed to follow bar graph color change
on condition, to emulate NeuroGuide reporting.
- All the feedback power of BioGraph is available to train from norms
on-the-fly or use the z-scores for pre- and post-session assessment.
Use measurements such as Percent of Time in Condition to report
Benefits of Z-Score Biofeedback Add-on:
- Real-time comparisons of 2-channel EEG to NeuroGuides normative
database. Metrics include coherence, phase, amplitude asymmetry, relative
power, absolute power and power ratios for eight different frequency
- Simple measure of progress is based on percent of time in
- In neurofeedback, this allows training directly using norms. In
this approach, training is always towards norm instead of an arbitrary
value that may be difficult to determine.
- Can also be used in pre- and post- assessment of general
connectivity training. In this approach, training can be directly on the
metric, such as coherence, for example, whereas post-session analysis can
include the Z-Score deviations of coherence from norm, all within BioGraph
- Faster results: in both the above cases, multiple operations are
combined as the need to export data from BioGraph and send away for Z-Score
assessments is eliminated. The power is all in one place, and the strategy
is always the same: train towards norm.
Other BioGraph 4.0 new features related to connectivity training
- Change Z-Score settings on-the-fly.
- Range training made possible by dual threshold instruments. Instead
of above or below threshold, dual thresholds provide feedback for inside or
outside range, which is much more useful in connectivity training protocols.
Feedback logic can also be changed on-the-fly.
- Industry-standard metrics for phase, and amplitude asymmetry to
compliment our existing coherence metric.
- Easier exporting to NeuroGuide software, such that BioGraph EEG
data can be easily reviewed with all the analysis and reporting power of
NeuroGuide beyond the Z-Scores.
- Two-channel EEG cable for easier connections with common ground and
Use Back button to return to previous page.