BioGraph Z-Score Neurofeedback is used conjointly with Dr. Robert Thatchers NeuroGuide z-score feedback library, BioGraph can translate EEG connectivity metrics into much more intuitive z-score values. Because z-scores are what brain maps report on, neurofeedback becomes an easy task as the screen shows a moment-to-moment reading on how far a clients performance is from the norms.
- Z-score outputs include absolute power, relative power, power ratio, amplitude asymmetry, coherence and phase difference. These metrics are available for eight bands including alpha, beta, delta, theta, high beta and beta I, II and III.
- Any time during the training session, the clinician can click Pause and right-click over an instrument to select a different z-score metric or band to train with, on the fly.
- Training screens show dual threshold bar graphs to allow practical range training.
- Numeric displays can be programmed to follow bar graph color change on condition, to emulate NeuroGuide reporting.
- All the feedback power of BioGraph is available to train from norms on-the-fly or use the z-scores for pre- and post-session assessment. Use measurements such as Percent of Time in Condition to report training results.
Benefits of Z-Score Biofeedback Add-on:
- Real-time comparisons of 2-channel EEG to NeuroGuides normative database. Metrics include coherence, phase, amplitude asymmetry, relative power, absolute power and power ratios for eight different frequency bands.
- Simple measure of progress is based on percent of time in condition.
- In neurofeedback, this allows training directly using norms. In this approach, training is always towards norm instead of an arbitrary value that may be difficult to determine.
- Can also be used in pre- and post- assessment of general connectivity training. In this approach, training can be directly on the metric, such as coherence, for example, whereas post-session analysis can include the Z-Score deviations of coherence from norm, all within BioGraph Infiniti.
- Faster results: in both the above cases, multiple operations are combined as the need to export data from BioGraph and send away for Z-Score assessments is eliminated. The power is all in one place, and the strategy is always the same: train towards norm.
Other BioGraph 4.0 new features related to connectivity training
- Change Z-Score settings on-the-fly.
- Range training made possible by dual threshold instruments. Instead of above or below threshold, dual thresholds provide feedback for inside or outside range, which is much more useful in connectivity training protocols. Feedback logic can also be changed on-the-fly.
- Industry-standard metrics for phase, and amplitude asymmetry to compliment our existing coherence metric.
- Easier exporting to NeuroGuide software, such that BioGraph EEG data can be easily reviewed with all the analysis and reporting power of NeuroGuide beyond the Z-Scores.
- Two-channel EEG cable for easier connections with common ground and reference.
Zscore Add-On $ 895.00